Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Metamorphosis Animation

P1T4 Metamorphosis from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


Hey guys and welcome back to my blog. This weeks project is an animation project about metamorphosis. Our focus statements are Rock Sparks Imagination, and Makaio Overcomes Sorrow. During the pitch critique we had a tie of votes and we had to make a decision. What I did was to break the tie I asked my team members what do they want to do. And the funny part was we all said we could do either one. Then we did something else, we visualized what the Rock Sparks Imagination vs  Makaio Overcomes Sorrow and what I visualized Makaio Overcomes Sorrow. And my team members thought or Rock Sparks Imagination. So that's where it all started.

Describe the project goal? The project goal for me would be to make things look realistic and make it the best quality. The animation types that we used is for the title is stop motion with drawing. For scene 1 we did stop motion, and for the rock part smashing on the ground we incorporated a mix with photoshop. Scene 2 we did photoshop with a little mix of stykz, scene 3 photoshop and for the last scenes 4 & 5 we did stop motion, for the very ending we did photoshop.

Rock Sparks Imagination that is our focus statement. So in this animation we are trying to show that dreams do come true and that if you can think it you can do it. So the story is a girl that walking home which is me, that is very frustrated. While she is walking home she stubs her foot on a rock and she gets angry, picks up the rock and throws it on the ground. Black screen and it shows Makaio waking up as a human. During the journey as a human he meets Jaesha his new friend, and he befriends Juli the bully that threw him on the ground. Then in the end they were playing a good game of tag and Makaio runs into a tree and wakes up and he's still a human. Then happily ever after the three friends walk into the sunset.

Final Critique Results 
The critique it went really well better that I expected because I thought we were going to get two's but not really. It was ranging from 2.9 to 3.4. Even though we didn't win I still though we did good on turning it in on time. If we did have a chance to redo this project, what we most improve on is trying to find time in meeting up with my team. Comparing from my animation last year I think I improved. Overall this project was super fun and we had a lot of laughs and new memories to keep.




5 comments:

  1. Good job on your animation! It looks very good! I really love how you and your team did you stop motion scenes. The movements were very smooth. I also like how you guys drew your details and characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophia for the wonderful feedback :)

      Delete
  2. I like your animation lot. Really great job on all the stop motion scenes. Super cool, and the audio was very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog! Your animation is really creative and detailed. I also really like the writing you do in your blog. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your animation. Good job on the stop motion scene and the audio was so great! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete