Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design

Well user experience influenced me by making my games better and try to improve al the glitches. So So like the commenting session was very useful because I got enough information for me to know and what I can improve on. Like my chase game most of the comments were about "oh it would be better if your lions can move" and some were in more detail into like helping me and demonstrating on how to make the move. And on my plat former game I had also very useful comments like how my sprit couldn't move as well and it would glitch when you would complete the next level and move on. So yes I really hope my games will turn out in my expectation and the expectations on the focus wall.

Well my first game is my chase game and for me I created a story with it and it is Lions have escaped from the zoo so help Nano out run them. And you use you arrow keys on your keyboard to control Nano. Then my plat former game is you have to help Giga reach the stars and there are two levels that go with it. So you would have to reach the 6 pointed star as the first level then my second level is you have to reach the 8 pointed star to win the whole game. The features between both of my games are for my chases game I still need to do a lot more just to reach the simple requirements and I cant wait for you guys to see the improvements. And for my plat former game I used a gravity engine and that made the sprite jump and glide smoother so there's a lot of bugs to finish though I really think its my best game yet.

My best code would be my plat former game and thats because I actually got my controls to work better and I learned hoe to use more scripts to control most of what I wanted my sprites doing. And the point of my game is that giga has to touch the six pointed star first and then I have this next level that is even more difficult. Though I still have to fix little bug here and there. And continuing on the next level is you have to reach the eight pointed star. So I'm really proud of what I made of my game. Now with my most difficult challenge was my first game and so I didn't really to get to finish half of it and I had a lot of thing to fix. Like my controls of my arrows I had to fix that, and also I also would like how to figure out how to make my lions move. And I really would like and finish and work on it more instead of just leaving it like that. Though I really like making games in scratch. Well finally I posted my last game and its still a work in progress and I need to add in the level but Ill try to work on it during on break so it will be up and running.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kyla said, I know your game is not done but it has a lot of potential in it. You need to fix that your lions need to be able to move so it can be challenging. But again, I like what you have done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your game definitely has the makings of something super fun. However, you definitely need to finish the lions and the your sprite's movement. However, how your background was changing was super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The game is definitely a good game. However its a WIP. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your character moves smoothly.
    I know your not done, but you need a lot of things to get done. Your lions aren't moving and your sprite is upside down, I suggest you use a rotation code.
    This game of yours seem like it would turn out to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the lions are in a zoo type place instead of water. However, you could add a time by adding a change (time) by 1 in a forever loop. The characters were a great choice Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the creative characters and how you said that they exscaped the zoo. I noticed that the lions don't move you could fix this by putting a when clicked forever glide randomly X -240 240 and Y -240 240. Like how your background changes over all good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the background changes when you get to the star the first time.
    But... the game freezes when you get to the star the second time, check out some examples on scratch.
    Overall great job creating the sprites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the creative character you have. The game was a little slow, and i am not to sure of what I was supposed to do. I like the background change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the sprites you picked out. I noticed that the Sprite 1's left and right arrow keys are switched and the lions do not move. I also like the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The character movements- what you have so far- are very smooth. However, the controls for your right and left arrow keys are switched, and nothing happens when you hit the lions, so there is no way to win. Despite this, your game has a lot of potential, so keep working on it!

    ReplyDelete